Most Google Sites website templates come with commonly used pages found in most websites but some are unique to a specific type of website template. If they are not what your website needs, their names can be changed but it is a two-step process: change the page title AND the page name.
While this is a simple process, inexperienced Google Sites users often only complete step one thinking they have changed the page name. In reality, they now have a webpage with a title that does not match the page name in the address bar.
- step #1: Change the page's title
- put the page into "edit" mode via the "edit" button, top, Right corner
- select the page's title at the top of the page and change it
- save the page
- check your work
- step #2: Change the page's name (the name that displays in the address bar)
- select the "More" menu, top, Right corner
- select "page settings"
- a dialog box will open
- find "Page URL" and enter the page's new page name in the input box
- select "save"
- check the address of the page to verify that it has changed